Saturday, 19 January 2013

29. An Expected and Well Planned Out Journey


I thought I would do one last small blog post before I set out on my road-trip. 

My bags are packed, with clothes for all kinds of weather. If the summer so far is anything to go by I could need my swimming shorts and thickest coat both on the same day. I have given the car a bit of a clean, but it would take years to get it properly clean. I left the passenger window open in a rainstorm once, so there are some very dodgy stains on the seat.



I plan to stay in hostels each night of my trip, but just in case that doesn't happen, I have thrown in the sleeping bag and folded down the back seats. They don't quite fold down flat, which nullifies the need for a pillow. I had a little lie down in there to see how comfy it was, and nearly fell asleep. So I think it'll do. There is loads of room in there, even with my bags and fishing gear. I think it is actually bigger than my bedroom was when I lived in university halls.

The milometer (actually kilometremeter) is set at 0000 and I am ready to go. I need to top up with fuel and pick up some emergency rations and then I will be on the road.



You can follow me on Twitter @FLawder, although I can't promise regular tweets. I will definitely tweet every time there is a new blog post though.

I'll be in touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment