Hello blog readers.
This blog post is just to keep my loyal readers happy. I have not got much interesting content today and I don't have a collection of good photographs. This is mainly because I have been pretty busy, mostly showing Stephie (Daniel's replacement) the ropes.
Also I have got to a stage where there is much less new things going on!
However, Good News! I can announce that the next blog post will contain my directorial debut, a short film in which you can come along with me to work. This could well be the first of a number of episodes, depending on its popularity and feedback. Look out for it in the next few days.
In other news, the final pregnancy test results have come back and I am pleased to announce that only 5.8% of the herd is not in calf. Unfortunately 1280 is empty so she will be gone at the end of the season. She has had a good innings though, and in her lifetime will have produced plenty of pizza cheese for the Chinese.
5.8% is a very positive figure especially given the difficult weather conditions during calving.
The repercussions, especially in the body condition of the herd could be seen a good few months into spring. It is makes the job even more satisfying when a bit of hard work from us cow-men pays off resulting in a productive herd.
Speaking of cow-men (or women), my employers David and Jocelyn are currently looking for someone to replace me for next season. If you have some experience in working with livestock and like me, love an early morning..... get in touch and I will pass your details on. The job has an excellent roster 8-2-8-3, a competitive salary and includes on-site accommodation in the comfortable and sort of well equipped bungalow.
Right that is all for now, I hate to write a post without a photo, so here is one of a couple of cows enjoying some rock salt.
Follow me on Twitter for blog updates: @FLawder
No comments:
Post a Comment